Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 14 July 2020

Easy corn bread

Corn bread


Quick corn bread

I’ll be honest I have no recollection as to where I found this recipe, all I know is that I wrote it down in my ‘go-to’ recipe book sometime around when I got married.

Corn bread is a wonderful accompaniment to beans and taste best when hot, so if this recipe makes a bread that is too big do half of it|        .

 

Oven 200 degrees

-          2 cups corn meal

-          2 cups flour

-          2 teaspoons salt

-          4 teaspoons baking powder

-          2 cups milk

-          4 tablespoons oil

-          4 tablespoons sugar

-          2 eggs

Basically, you mix all the ingredients together and pour in a greased and floured (20 x 30 cm) pan, or use baking paper.

Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment