Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 30 December 2012

Sugar cookies


    I had hoped to save some of those cookies... but somehow I turned my back, and ' Poof !', all four trays where gone... maybe I should weight the children and find out who the culprit (culprits ) are.

Making sugar cookies



'Rosy, don't lick your fingers....'

Emilie decorating the cookies.


   Here is a basic recipe I have used over and over again for years, I had it on my last blog too.
   It's the perfect dough for kids to make shaped cookies.

Sugar cookies

2/3 cup real butter ( room temperature )
¾ cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ spoon salt
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla

-Beat sugar and butter till smooth.
-Mix in rest of the ingredients
-Place in the fridge for at least an hour.
-Roll out about 4 mm thick, cut out shapes and bake in 190 degrees oven for about 7-8 mn per batch.
- Cool on wire rack and decorate as you wish.
-These cookies keep very well in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment