Sometimes it is nice to work on a small project. This cute little design was inspired by an Alpursa vignette from my collection and in memory of all the cats I have loved and lost in my life.
The pattern is really simple, uses very little thread, and can be worked on aida or linen since it only uses whole cross-stitches.
In the PDF I had originally recommended to work the letters and decorations in black, but I ended up using a dark grey for it (DMC 844). Black works for everything, but sometimes it can feel a little too bold, especially on white linen.
I had started to work the cat in petit-point, but since I used 32 ct linen the tiny stitches did not sit smooth. Linen has uneven thread width, and in some cases that has charm and character to your stitching, but in areas with many stitches close together, it just looks uneven.
| Finished embroidery with the original Alpursa vignette |
| The rest of the 'animals' serie |
The pattern can be found here: Paws
More about the Alpursa vignettes: Alpursa
View the whole Alpursa album on YouTube: Alpursa
No comments:
Post a Comment