Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 1 September 2012

Red currant liquor

   This year we had so many red currants so I just had to try a few different ways of using them, I had read about making berry liquor and after a little research I settled for this recipe.

250 ml cheap vodka/ or other tasteless liquor
250 g sugar
250 gram berries

    I put everything in a large glass jar and shook it everyday till the sugar was disolved, now it sits in the back of a kitchen cabinet and I will strain it before Christmas.
 

First day, later it just got murky... hope it will be sweet and tasty by Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...that will be a nice Christmas treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I try this...... I'll let everyone know how it tasted in 4 months.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had eldeberry cordial like this and it was very tasty.

    ReplyDelete