Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 17 June 2018

Mermaid sampler


I had been wanting to create something with a mermaid for a while now, made a sketch at the beginning of the year,  but then lost a bit the inspiration- So the project sat in my To-do list for a couple month, until I decided that I was just going to have to finish it or abandon it once-and-for-all.

My mother us to tell me when I was a child ‘L’appétit vient en mangeant !’ (Appetite comes with eating ), and the same can be said for creating – Inspiration comes as you start to work.

So I pulled out a variety of old alphabets books, some antique bits-and-pieces and started to put together a little sampler.

I’m pleased with its originality and the possibilities it gives for personalizing. You can use the colors of your choice for the alphabets and borders, and even add your name, date, or a verse or quotation of your choice in the extra space. 

I’ll be stitching it during the summer months, and you can keep up with the progress by following on Instagram.

Pattern available on ETSY, website, Makerist 

Remember to share your stitching project with the rest of us by using the tag #rolanddesigns

I’m very curious, and looking forward to seeing  how other stitchers will interpret this pattern. 



Here you can see my original sketch, and the inspirational pieces behind the sampler.
I’ve decided to use some pretty, blue variegated threads from DMC and white 28 ct linen.


No comments:

Post a Comment