Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 22 April 2014

More Berlin woolwork

     Here is a very interesting hand painted chart. It is not dated, and the only marking is a little number (213) on the top right hand corner.

    It features 24 different items..... can you name them all ?

    Should I chart it ? Would anyone be interested in using these small motifs ?

Curious hand painted embroidery pattern

Details
  This  next pattern is a repetitive, colourful chart. It's a hand painted French Sajou pattern from the 1st half of the 1800's.

   The reproduction is available here :
https://www.etsy.com/listing/187019282/sajou-runner-cross-stitch-pattern?ref=shop_home_active_2

Sajou runner.

Silver and bronze medal in 1843-1844
     I stitch a lot, and my back has been a little sore of late, so I decided it was time to treat myself to a standing frame. I settled on an 68 cm, DMC original. I had wanted one for years, and even had a friend make one for me once, I used it a lot but it got left  behind in during our last move.

    A quality stand is a good investment if you embroider a lot, a stand will last a life time but your back and eyes won't if you are not careful.


I'm almost finished stitching Berlin posy.

No comments:

Post a Comment