Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 4 August 2019

Mini sampler


I didn’t really have a plan for this little summer project, apart that  after several months of knitting I wanted to stitch something simple that would not take too long. 


It had to be something that could be worked with threads and linen from my stash – no more buying supplies for a while, I’m saving for my next knitting project – a traditional Norwegian knitted cardigan, or sweater I’ll decide once it starts to get cold again; hard to plan winter knitting when it’s 30 degrees outside ! 


Mini sampler is a tiny little cross stitch sampler re-charted from an antique printed pattern in my private collection.


In my box of odds-and-ends I had a piece of 36 ct linen, and I still have some Coloris threads that were presented to me some years ago by DMC – See below *


I didn’t count the hours, but it stitched up pretty quickly and I used less than one skein of embroidery cotton. 

The colour I chose was 4504 – Hydrangea which has got to be the prettiest of the Coloris threads with dark/light green and dark/light pink. 


The pattern is available here: ETSY, Website


*(Yes! I have to put that there – not sponsored to promote the threads, but need to declare that they were a gift)




All done ! Just need to fill the empty space with something special

Work in progress with the orignal antique pattern on the right handside corner


I added my name + date alongside the border. Actually that was my second try as the first time the colours were too light, so I did it again in the darker pink shade.

My first try at the name+date - I feel the light green was a bit too light and blended into the white linen too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment