Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 1 August 2015

Antique finds in Strasbourg.



    When my husband and I were in France last month we took the time to visit a little brocante market in the old town center of Strasbourg.

    While my husband was keeping a look out for art deco items, I rummaged for antique needlework, and objects of daily life.

    There were some beautiful pieces such as an antique baby pram and some refurbished art deco settees, but of course they would never fit in our suitcase when we took the plane back home.

    Since we were in Alsace I wanted to bring home a local souvenir, and was happy to find a nice Easter lamb cake mold in perfect, sooty condition.

    I also found an interesting little crochet coin purse, with a metal ring that you can pull over to close. 

   To be honest I’ve never seen a model like that before, it‘s a bit of a cross between a reticule purse in shape, and a miser’s purse in the way it closes with a ring.

Easter lamb cake mold

Nice details inside. I wonder if those molds could be used in a regular oven ?
 
Antique crochet coin purse




No comments:

Post a Comment