Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 2 January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014

 HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 !

 
I was thinking recently about my New Year's blog post.

Should I write down my goals, dreams, or wishes for 2014 ?

Should I brag about my successes, and  progresses accomplished  in 2013?

Should I bemoan my regrets and failures the past year ?

No, not this time ! I keep my blog updated, and my 2014 resolutions are all too familiarly the same as last years…. Must I bore my readers with more weight loss related goals ?

A few days ago I was going through a rather over filled drawer in my vanity table, I don’t actually keep any make-up or cosmetics on it as the light is dim in my room and I do prefer using the bathroom mirror. I just use the table as a place to write my diary, and use the drawers for magazines, books, and a very large collection of pens….

I had to make place for my 2014 diary, and in the process of rearranging the drawer to accommodate it I found my old poetry book, the one I use to write all my favorites proses and rhymes in. I hadn’t opened it in over a year, and chuckled a bit at my selection. Then this little poem caught my eyes, and as if to confirm its importance an old acquaintance posted it on facebook the same day.

So here is to success in the coming year ! 
 
What is success ?
To laugh often and much: To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, 
to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; 
to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, 
to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has breathed easier because you lived. 
This is to have succeeded.

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

 ...................................................................................................................


On another note, this has been a rather ' warm, and peculiarly rainy' December month for Norway, and look what I found blooming in my flower  bed – some hyacinths !

No comments:

Post a Comment