Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 14 July 2013

A very big project.....

   Here is a photo of a very large project I'm working on.... I bought the pattern years ago from Nouveau encore designs.

   Here you can see my sampler along with many others : http://nouveauencore.com/personalizedsamplerspage3.html

    For some reason it has always been put on the back burner, but I am slowly working my way through it.

   Here is the latest photo and I promise to keep working on it till it is done, framed and hung on my wall.

  

A very big project....
Stitched on linen with silk threads in varieted and solids.

  
    Emilie is now 8 years old and interested in sewing, so when I was given an old sewing box from a lady I work with, I thought it would be the perfect time to make a little sewing kit for Emilie.

   I was also 8 years old when my Mémé gave me a sewing basket with all the necessary items, including a cute pair of scissors.

   Children should have quality materials to work with, though it need not be the most expensive. I found some made in China embroidery cotton, and even a stork scissor in a bargain shop. If she is careful and makes pretty things, then it is only a matter of time before I get her real DMC threads, and gold plated stork scissors.

   Large aida ( 7 or 10 ct ) is perfect for little hands, especially the kind that is starched and a little stiff.

A sewing box just like mommy's

Emilie's cross stitch work, a little rough but good enough for a modern 8 year old who is left handed.









No comments:

Post a Comment