Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 21 June 2023

Easy egg noodle salad

During the summer months when the weather is warm, I try to avoid spending too much time in the kitchen, and for this reason I have several quick-&-easy, use-up-what-is-in-your-fridge recipes that I revisit year after year.

Here is one that I have used often, I think I found it originally in one of those free advertisement recipes from the grocery story, but I have adapted it a bit and generally use it very loosely, more like a suggestion, since I like to use up leftover vegetables from the fridge when I make salads.

 

Simple,  and summery egg noodle salad

 

Easy egg noodle salad

 

400g minced chicken (or pork)

3 garlic cloves – minced

1 red chili – minced

250 g egg noodles

½ cucumber (or 1 sweet red pepper)

2 spring onions

1 celery stick

Fresh coriander

 

Dressing:

2 tbs sesame seed oil

1 tbs sriracha sauce (or another spicy/chili sauce)

Juice of 1 lime

1 tbs soya sauce

 

-       Fry meat until done. Add the garlic and chili, fry a minute more, then season with salt and pepper.

-       Cook noodles, then rinse in cold water.

-       Slice all the vegetables very thin.

-       Mix the dressing together.

-       Mix all together and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment