Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Garden blooms - Cross stitch pattern

Daisies, fuchsias, rose buds, lilies of the valley, and nasturtiums.

Garden blooms 1 & 2 are delightful repetitive patterns suitable for cushion or furniture cover, while the individual motifs can be stitched and used to decorate cards, clothes, or added to a spot sampler.

Re-charted from antique, hand painted original Sajou designs number #3160, and #3161

Find the patterns here: ETSY, website


Sajou in Paris - 1st class medal at the universal exposition of 1855
Choosing the colors


I don't have time to stitch all the patterns I re-chart, but I thought it would be fun to stitch some of the motifs to test out the colors, different stitches and such. So I looked in my stash and found a piece of 28ct linen that was not too big, but large enough that it could be turned into a little spot sampler. 

Here you can see the original hand painted pattern, my digital re-charted version and the first item on my new spot sampler, the little daisies.

The best way to store a work-in-progress is to store you embroidery rolled up, this will keep it from getting crease marks. Here I used an old kitchen aluminum foil  roll.


Cross stitch, petit point and Gobelin stitches.



No comments:

Post a Comment