Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, 14 June 2015

Knitted toys, Forget-me-not

     My children were recently treated to very special knitted gifts by my dear friend Orysia.

     'Thank you so much, they are amazing and will be treasured for years to come !'

Emilie and her knitted dolly


Rosaline and her knitted balerina.
Alain and his knitted Stegosaurus
Look how big he is...... thankfully Stegosaurus were plant eaters !


   
Little tiny spider on a red pine cone- We have two huge pines behind the house, but  I have no idea what type they are.


Forget-me-not

    In my last house I had a lot of Forget-me-nots, when we moved we pulled out some roots and planted them in our new garden. Now after four summers, they are thriving and spreading. I don't mind though as they are so lovely and such cheery little flowers.

...................................................

Forget-me-not

When to the flowers
so beautiful the Father gave a name,
Back came a little blue-eyed one
(All timidly it came);
And standing at its Father's feet
and gazing in His face,
It said, in low and trembling tone
and with a modest grace,
"Dear God, the name Thou gavest me,
Alas I have forgot!"
Kindly the Father looked him down
and said: "Forget-me-not."

~By Emily Bruce Roelofson~
 
A little bee busy at work......




No comments:

Post a Comment