Roland-designs , Virginie's blog.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, 21 July 2013

My clever little sisters.....

   I am lucky to be the big sister and I hope inspiration ( ahem ! ) to my younger siblings who are all very accomplished.

   My dear Sister Claire who is also very handy with everything needle/thread/yarn sent me this little note and some very nice photos of her latest knitting project.

 ........ I'm sending you the results of the past month of evenings leisure. I designed the sweater myself, with some help from an existing pattern. Hope you like it, and looking forward to your critiques. 
Much love,
your little sister......



   Claire's skills are not limited to knitting needles, she is also a freelance author and penned a book a couple years ago - Steampunk Holmes and the legacy of the nautilus.

   Her book is available on Amazon :
 http://www.amazon.com/Steampunk-Holmes-Legacy-Nautilus-ebook/dp/B00866071C

..........................................................................................................................................

     The youngest of the 5 sibblings, is Laura. Laura is an aspiring artist who is developing her talents in the field of art, pencil drawings, portraits, paintings, needlework etc…

    About a month ago she sent us this painting of my cat – Princess. 

    Since I am so very fond of cats, and thought the painting did her justice I’ve had some little mirrors made with the painting which are available for purchase here : https://www.etsy.com/listing/157330761/princess-cat-pocket-mirror-large?ref=v1_other_2

My husband decided to display the painting on top of the piano, as it is one of Princess's favourite perch ( and yes, she has knocked over photos..... )







1 comment:

  1. Wow, you do have a clever little sister. That sweater should come in very handy as the weather cools in the fall.

    ReplyDelete